Friday, March 6, 2009

Will I go East or West?

Working on the UP AWTS board means that I never know whether I will be going to Hermiston or Nampa. It also means that I'm never sure what time I will be called to go on duty. UP has 48 hours to do with me what they will. Last week I had made my Hinkle (hermiston) run and came back, breathed a sigh of relief ready to have the weekend off and they called me an hour before my time was up. This meant I was theirs for two more days. It certainly helped the paycheck but played havoc on my rest schedule. I had chosen not to go right to bed because after all I was off for the week, right? Wrong. I had been up since 3:30 that morning and was on another train by midnight. I need to be prepared for the un-expected. We'll see how I do this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment